That long-awaited day is finally approaching. You have been practicing for a long time for that moment. Now the only question is how to prepare for your first golf tournament in order to have a solid performance. One thing is to get into the tournament, but it is something completely different to be ready to compete for a good result.
Maybe you do not want to set too high expectations, but that does not mean you should not fully commit to it. After all, it is going to be a great learning experience for future tournaments. If there is a cut involved, you will definitely want to make it. The longer you stay in the tournament, the more experience you gain.
There is going to be only one first golf tournament you play, and you want to make it memorable. Not just because it is the first, but also because you actually prepared for it. There are a lot of things you can do to get ready, we will focus on a few of them that will set you on the right path.
- Learn About the Course – one of the most important steps, you want to know what you can expect out there.
- Make a Practice Schedule – prepare based on the type of course and possible conditions.
- Get Enough Rest – this includes recovery time and good sleep.
- Believe in Yourself – be confident and approach it the right way, the results will come.
Once upon a time, Wilson golf balls dominated the world of professional golfing. It is safe to say that is not the case anymore. This golf ball could be a glimpse of hope for the brand to get more competitive with the big brands. The Wilson Triad golf ball review will let you know how it felt to play with this new promising product.
With a compression rating of 85, this ball is intended for golfers with medium swing speeds. It is a three-piece premium golf ball with an ultra-thin cast urethane cover. Enough with the technicalities, let’s move on to find out what the ball actually did on the course. As usual, this is a short game ball review, since it was done on a par 3 course.
Golf is a wonderful game, so simple, yet so complicated. We are not just talking about the gameplay, we are talking about everything surrounding this amazing game. Golf fundamentals for beginners will get golf closer to you in order for you to enjoy it more than ever.
Some things will seem outdated or exaggerated, but we have to remember that golf is still quite traditional. Things are slowly changing, relaxing, and opening up, but it is still a process that will take time. In the meantime, it would be beneficial for you to get more acquainted with this wonderful world.
There is a good chance you got very addicted as soon as you started playing. That may have prompted you to learn as much as you can about it. If you are not in that category, and you feel the desire you want to have information that will help you navigate golf’s stormy waters, you are at the right place.
Below is the fundamentals overview:
- On the course – very important to know in order to get along with your fellow golfers as well as what to do or not to do on the golf course.
- On the driving range – even though it is a practice facility, is still a golfing environment.
- Golf equipment – you could easily fall into the trap of overspending too soon, there are other ways to have appropriate equipment.
- Learning – there are different ways to learn, sometimes it is tricky to find the one that suits us the most.
Not all golfers enjoy hitting balls at the driving range. It takes commitment, a certain amount of time, and it costs some money. If you fall into the category of golfers who spend time on the range and have recently started golfing, this might be something for you. The driving range drills for beginners will give you some suggestions on how to improve your game and become a consistent golfer.
Practicing at a driving range has its positives and negatives, but it can definitely be helpful. This time we will focus only on the positives. The most important thing about the range is that you go there only if you have a plan. Aimless ball hitting will most likely not result in the best outcome for the long term.
When at the driving range it is beneficial to hit different clubs and get the feel for different types of shots from different distances and scenarios. All that is something for a different conversation. This time we will talk about how you can make your golf swing more consistent. There are different drills for different aspects of your swing that can help you with that.
Below we will focus on the swing basics through the following drills:
- Backswing Drills – this will help you start your swing the best possible way.
- Downswing Drills – the downswing is the crucial part for impact, these drills will help you to get to the ball the better way.
- Impact Drills – solid contact is all you want, and some drills can help you with that.
- Follow Through Drills – the last part of your swing is as important as any other, the drills will help you finish your swing like a pro.
This is the softest golf ball from the Titleist lineup. The 2022 Titleist TruFeel golf ball review will let you know how it performed on the course and who this ball is intended for. It is the second edition of the ball that succeeded the Titleist DT TruSoft ball. This is also the cheapest Titleist golf ball on the market which makes it the most affordable among their balls.
It is a low compression ball targeting golfers with slower to medium swing speeds. The new version got re-designed for more distance with a thinner cover for an improved feel around the green. I was very curious to try it myself and see if any of the claims made by the company stand. Below is a glance into what I found out with more details following underneath.
We all know the driver is the longest club in the golf bag. That also makes it the hardest one to hit. This is especially the case when you just start golfing. The golf driver tips for beginners will put you on the path to hitting it more consistently for better results on the course.
It will not magically happen and it still means you will probably have to spend some substantial time practicing your swing at the driving range. There is no instant formula that will turn you into Rory McIlroy, but there is basic stuff that can send you on the right path. Here is what this article will help you with:
- Setup – it all starts with the right setup at address in order to execute the swing correctly.
- Grip – this can solve a lot of potential issues, like the slice or the hook.
- Club Path – another important part that can contribute to direction and distance.
- Club Face – controlling the clubface will help you with direction and consistency.